Kralorela and Kingdom of Ignorance

From: Gian Gero (giangero@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu 09 Mar 2000 - 13:28:00 EET

Hi to all,
please allow me to try and (tardively) help in this matter:

>Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 12:18:07 +0900
>From: "TERRA INCOGNITA" <inarsus-ferilt-z@mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
>Subject: RE: The Glorantha Digest V7 #442
>
>David Cake:
> >I am astonished at this analogy - could you explain a little more?
> >I am very aware of the obvious China=Kralorela, but also the Indian and
> >Tibetan analogues. Spanish, however, is a new one on me, and I am
> >fascinated. And Dara Happa as China!
>

>IMO, I cannot analogue of their order of kingdom of ignorance in RW except
>as Spanish Empire.
>(Vile entity Can Shu)
>modern military comquest to Tibet is my dislike analogue.

I think Terra is referring not to Europe Spanish Empire, but to Far East
Spanish Empire (in Japan, Siamese peninsula and Macao style or Philippines).
He is speking by the POV of an Easterner, not a Westerner!

>Europians: Indians are same Aryans for linguistical term.

Exactly. Europeans and modern Americans are basically related to Indian and
Aryan culture, while ancient-east culture, that originated Nihon, Chin and
Siam and (I don't know what more) had an entirely different source.
Please read exactly what Terra is saying because the same words, from
different perspectives, could mean utterly different concepts.

Ciao
Gian