Re: eastern confusion

From: Nils Weinander (nils_w@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri 10 Mar 2000 - 09:52:52 EET

Terra:

> to Nils Weinander and Sandy Petersen: Even
> I like work of A Le Guin "Earthsea", it is diificult task for me:
>
> source:
> Genertelan Box Set Japanese Edition
>
> Eastern Map from Old Loren Miller's site (It's best Eastern Isle's map in my
> stock):
> Do you have much more accurate map?

I haven't seen this one myself. I have a map which is still very
much a work in progress. I hope it will be ready for others to
view sometime.

> Tales of Reaching Moon#17 descriptio of many isles: isles of Dawn
> too many isles was left without no acculate location
> (IMO intentionally, Tales #17 has no maps for area)

Yes, it's intentional. I think some islands need to be "open", so
taht individual game masters can place them where it fits their
campaign best.

> and Missingland
> some of names of Isle replaced or double named Nikumbila=Shenza,
> Anatasy islands?=Maromonkotro, changed place: Ambatolampy, Faranvogath

Peter answered the Nikumbila case excellently. Anatasy and
those that have changed place were placed by Sandy, Greg Fried
and me and subsequently gregged/sandyed by Missing Lands. Go
with the names and placements of Missing Lands.

> I want to know the accurate location of Dalpato, Dragon's eye, Red Tiger
> Isles, Jubolantanga, Sironomandidi, Spinning Island, Tjaratananna, etc...

Me too... Less flippantly, these are small places which could
be located anywhere in the islands. I don't know if they will
ever have a definite location. Even so, it won't matter in
the large picture if you locate them differently.