Kallyr's lover

From: Peter Metcalfe (metcalph@bigfoot.com)
Date: Thu 16 Mar 2000 - 05:03:48 EET

Thomas Gottschall:

Me>> She [Kallyr] has a star upon her brow which was given to her
>> by her divine lover, whom I think is Orlanth.

>Actually the King of Sartar says it's Polestar, which makes more
>sense with the star on her head that Orlanth would do.

But the reference you gave (p38) is quite late (Argrath's Saga)
and contradicted elsewhere (p130) which indicates that the
Wind Children helped him instead. So the statement is not
necessarily authoritative.

>I remember
>that the choreography at the ritual in 1625 at the new temple was
>hightly stelar inluenced in my opinion, one more hint why Kallyr was
>so valuable.

But a priest of Polaris was already present there and Kallyr
was present as part of Orlanth's Ring.

- --Peter Metcalfe