HeroWars (strange ideas)

From: simon_hibbs@lycosmail.com
Date: Thu 16 Mar 2000 - 15:11:22 EET

bjm10 :

>Looking over the HW core rules, something struck me. Could somebody
>conversant with the rules go through the following keyword descriptor
>paragraphs and tell me how these characters would be built:

>Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful than a locomotive! Able to
>leap tall buildings in a single bound! "Look, up in the sky, it's a
>bird! It's a plane! No, it's Superman!" Yes, Superman, strange visitor
>from another planet with powers far beyond those of mortal men.
>Superman! Who, disguised as mild-mannered reporter Clark Kent, wages a
>never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way!

This is how the character has chosen to describe himself. He may
even believe it. That doesn't mean that his 'Faster than a speeding
bullet' ability of 12/12 is in any meaningful way different from my
'Swift of Foot' ability of 12/12. For comparison, Kal-El probably has
a 'Faster than a speeding bullet' ability of about 15W7. It goes
similarly for his other abilities.

Unless I'm missing the point, we've had this discussion
already several times.

Simon Hibbs