Re: The Glorantha Digest V7 #470

From: Wulf Corbett (wulfc@wulf.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sat 18 Mar 2000 - 03:27:56 EET

>Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 20:42:23 EST
>From: TTrotsky@aol.com
>Subject: Re: The Glorantha Digest V7 #469
>
><< So, question is, from the write-up on the Issaries website, it looks like
>old style Spirit magic is no more -
>
> The common man has access to magic, but the same rules are not used to
>describe the magic.
> However, the specific spells from RQ are no more,
and you only really do
>spirit magic if you in some way worship spirits (as the Praxians, hsunchen,
>kolatings, etc. do). Low level worshippers of gods just use low level theist
>(divine) magic.

Oh, well, I'll get used to it, I am working just from 3 chapters...
But after being told 'out in March' then discovering I'll be lucky to
see HW before May, I'm getting a bit impatient :) And playing KoDP has
me almost slavering to go back home to Glorantha...

One question to Those Who Know: Are non-humans (especially Aldryami
and Minotaurs - yes, I know, I know, but still...) sufficiently
detailed in HW to use as PCs given enough RuneQuest-based racial
knowledge? Otherwise a couple of my old PCs need severely re-writing
or retiring. I had intended our group to restart the same characters,
at the new somewhat higher level of ability.

Wulf