Re: Who the heck is Argrath

From: Joerg Baumgartner (joe@toppoint.de)
Date: Mon 20 Mar 2000 - 21:24:31 EET

Victor Lane:

> I'm new this list and I have only been RQing for 2 years. So I just
> hade to ask this question (and feel free to call me an idiot) :who
> the heck is Argrath? Thank you very much.

Oh, that's a hard one. ;)

Argrath is the Prince of Sartar who returns from exile, rallies the
Sartarites and the rest of the peoples in Dragon Pass, and drives off
the Lunars, finally attacking the Red Moon itself.

The problem is, "Argrath" is as much a title as a name, meaning
"liberator", and there is good evidence that a lot of Argrath's deeds

have been done by different people.

There's an entire book about the riddle of Argrath's identity, it's
called King of Sartar, available from Issaries Inc. and hopefully your
local bookstore as well.

You will have to read a lot to catch up, and get to the "real"
questions, like "who was Argrath White Bull", or "what did Argrath of
Pavis have to do with the Telmori".

For starters, I have an essay on my webpage:

http://www.toppoint.de/~joe/argrath-rebel.html

> P.S. I am only 14.

This much for no new blood around here - you're welcome.