Fiscal Diabolism

From: Drew Craft (drewcraft@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue 21 Mar 2000 - 01:01:10 EET

>Martin generously offers:
>In the meantime please don't hesiitate to ask questions. Your Alkoth
>questions were excellent thought provokers. I keep the debate on file, so
>your thoughts may influence the book. If you are unsure of an Imperial
>concept, anyone, you're more than welcome to ask about it. I can't
>guarantee
>a solid answer, but we'll do our best!

A joke I'd like to see embedded in the Gloranthan firmament is the care and
feeding of Lunar Tax Demons. Are these tax-evading misers working off their
post-crucifixation debts? The Red Dancer of Power's less nubile siblings?
Inhabitants of hell who are part of the imperial tax-farming system? I like
the idea of provincial revenue diabolist as a career path (perhaps shared
with Jalakeeli attracted to the spirit of commerce), but this feels a bit
too modern.