Troll mystics

From: Peter Metcalfe (metcalph@bigfoot.com)
Date: Wed 22 Mar 2000 - 10:07:21 EET

Andreas Gustafsson:

>While trying to keep this pretty way of living like a mystic I'm beginning to
>think along the lines of introducing some Uz mystics IMG. Have anyone any
>thoughts about Uz as mystics?

Depends on what you mean by mysticism.

If you mean a scantily-clad hermit sitting on top of a mountain
meditating upon the secrets of the cosmos (what Greg terms orthodox
mysticism), then trolls do not practice this.

Trolls can achieve transcendental consciousness through certain
cults. Subere would be ubiquitous, the Blue Moon dominant in
the Blue Moon Plateau, Cragspider in Dragon Pass and Arkat the
Troll in Ralios. I do not believe the Black Sun to be a cult
of this type as its human worshippers certainly aren't mystics.

Another form of mysticism is best known by martial artists. I
don't think trolls have martial arts although a few of them
could learn a few (evil) moves here and there from corrupt
masters.

- --Peter Metcalfe