Never Eats

From: Kmnellist@aol.com
Date: Wed 22 Mar 2000 - 23:20:45 EET

In a message dated 3/22/00 0:59:19AM, you write:

<< (is there an earthly analog for a species that never
 eats? I vaguely recall there is).

 David Dunham >>

There are several (several! millions?) species of insects that never eat once
they achieve adulthood. I guess you could say that humans do not 'eat' until
they are born, eggs do not eat until they hatch. I guess it could depend on
how you define 'eat', and 'never' but dragonewts have life stages like the
examples chosen above so they could probably get away with it.

DO I remember reading somewhere that dying of starvation was abhorrent to
dragponewts because it hindered their spiritual progression so they prefered
utuma? Or did I dream it?

Keith N