Re: Complicated Glorantha

From: Alexandre Lanciani (alexanl@tin.it)
Date: Fri 24 Mar 2000 - 11:36:13 EET

[Richard Crawley]

> It's a long time since I first began (1982) but I do recall that
> at first I was
> more excited about Runequest as a system and the kind of role-playing
> it seemed to encourage (as opposed to D&D and T&T) than I was about
> Glorantha.

        Me too (although I began later than you)! I already knew and liked the
BRPS, and I converted to RQ because of Vikings - still my favorite RQ
supplement. At the time I loved historical settings and gritty realistic
systems. The latter were quite fashionable *then*.

> Will Hero Wars have a similar effect on today's neophytes?

        I think so. It's a really storytelling system, in the sense that it
encourages you to tell and write stories, and is very experimental and
innovative (mind-stretching, some might say).

        Cheers,
        A viking Alex.