Lunar military cults

From: simon_hibbs@lycosmail.com
Date: Fri 24 Mar 2000 - 14:30:06 EET

Martin,

Thanks for the lowdown on military cults in the Imperial
Armed Forces.

>I could go on, there are a lot more.

Two that are missing are Waha and Storm Bull (Storm Buck?),
as worshiped by the Antelope Lancers from the Hungry Plateau.

The game I'm running at the moment is set in Prax, so this
is quite important. I'm assuming that there are Yanafal
Tarnils officers assigned to the Antelope Lancers, much in
the same way that British Army Officers are assigned to
Ghurka units, but perhaps some of the Lancer's own officers
would be full members of the YT cult?

As for the role of the Seven Mothers cult in the army, I see
it as being the cult of the army chaplain. It has proved to
be an excelent background for a Seven Mothers priest in
my game. These guys and girls provide the core magical
support for many units. Wardings for defensive possitions
such as ramparts, and key locations such as the commander's
tent; Heal Wound spells to rescue key personnel from serious
injury; Dismiss Magic spells to neutralise enemy defenses.
In fact only a small proportion of a chaplain's spells are
freely selectable by personal prefference. The upside is
that they get decent training in physical skills and access
to regimental magical resources, some of which is seriously
sexy.

Simon Hibbs