RE: Uz metaphysics

From: Hibbs, Philip (philip.hibbs@tnt.co.uk)
Date: Fri 24 Mar 2000 - 17:48:57 EET

>>This would imply that a human Matter/Spirit dichotomy
>>would be intimately meaningless to a troll ;
>
>I wouldn't be surprised if there was an Uz "Spirit Eating Ritual".

Got it! There's already a spirit spell "Visibility", so...

Edibility (4 points, ranged, temporal)
Renders the target spirit vulnerable to being eaten. Bite damage is inflicted
directly to the spirit's magic points, and when it reaches 0, it is banished to
the spirit plane. Because many spirits can move very quickly, further means may
be necessary to keep it in one place. A spirit which is engaged in spirit
combat could be bitten by a number of attackers before it could disengage, for
instance.

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/
Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let
alone those of any organisations, nations, species,
or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.