Xiola and mysticism

From: Peter Metcalfe (metcalph@bigfoot.com)
Date: Sat 25 Mar 2000 - 02:27:08 EET

Simon Hibbs:

>>How is [Xiolar Umbar seeing Aether and saying] "friendship from
>>afar" a mystical insight?

>It seems to me to be a very 'enlightened' and Zen thing for a
>darkness spirit born in hell to say.

Mysticism is not just Zen and does not have a monopoly on "love
your enemies as yourself" satori touchy-feelyism insights.

>Especialy of a power that
>is apparently utterly inimical to her and those she loves.

It was? Only Zorak Zoran said it was so. Argan Argar
merely dismissed it as another godling, which is closer
to what the orthodox mystics of Vithela would have done
in similar situations.

- --Peter Metcalfe