KoDP question

From: Wulf Corbett (wulfc@wulf.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sun 26 Mar 2000 - 17:44:23 EEST

Hi all
I have a question about one of the events which happened to me playing
King of Dragon Pass. I can't remember the exact details, and, of
course, it never happened again...
Sometime, some group (Vingans?) approached the Clan Ring asking
guidance on whether the use of Swords in combat instead of Spears
would lessen the effectiveness of the Sword as a ceremonial item.
Now, that suggested to me that the Clan (or at least that group of
them within the Clan) didn't use Sword AT ALL - but I thought Sword
was the Orlanthi weapon? Can anyone clear this up?
1) Who were they, and what were the details of that event?

2) Why didn't they use Sword?
3) Is this a past event from the time of KoDP (not too long ago from
HW time...) and PCs can all now use Sword, or should HW PCs also be
using Spear if they're of that group (or worrying about
it)?

Wulf