Re: The Glorantha Digest V7 #495

From: Hiroto Kawakami (h-kawakami@mail.wics.ne.jp)
Date: Mon 27 Mar 2000 - 20:21:12 EEST

Victor Lane wrote
> Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 11:36:41 -0800
> From: vlane@colusanet.com
> Subject: RuneQuest Cities
>
> Hi
>
> Does anyone own the book RuneQuest Cities? I'm thinking of buying it and
> I was wondering if it's a good book. Thanks.

I do have one. But it is back at home 100km away from me.
I'm writing this relying on my memory, so...

RC isn't a Gloranthan material. It's for gateway.
But it is quite generic supplement. And you may find it very convenient
to describe cities unfamiliar to you. I like this.

It consists of 3 parts.
1st:random event table for city-adventure.
(random scenario generator. It may give you some tips on adventure.)
2nd:settling city.
(determining # of building and dwellers'occupation etc.)
3rd:random event table for character-catch-up.
(good for mere pastime. it will be very useful for a-few-week-long-catch-up.
However, if you apply it for more than a year, there may be munchkin-like-PCs.)

Hiroto Kawakami