Re: Stygian Heresy

From: David Dunham (dunham@pensee.com)
Date: Tue 28 Mar 2000 - 19:33:05 EEST

Terra Incognita wrote

> Stygian Heresy
> Tales of The reaching Moon #13 categorize this word as Joint worship between
> monotheism and polytheism using both sorcery & theistic magic society, but
> later this word became only application to Arkati Stygian Imperial

> Influence. so it excludes middle Age Talorism, Syanoran, Carmanian, and

> western Lunars.

I believe that "Stygian heresy" and "henotheism" are synonyms -- they
mean essentially the same thing. They do have different distinctions
- -- the Stygian heresy frequently is used to refer to a form of
henotheism that involves darkness deities -- but I think it's
possible to use one or the other.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham@pensee.com>