RE: Making peoples' minds up with magic

From: Hibbs, Philip (philip.hibbs@tnt.co.uk)
Date: Tue 28 Mar 2000 - 20:06:17 EEST

>I can agree with you that this is not the way something
>like this should work. Having a quest change the perceptions
>and feelings of a tribe of people dozens or hundreds of miles
>away is too much to ask or expect.

Heroquesting is odd stuff. There is the old "Summons of Evil", which causes
your enemies to turn up. It's risky, because the wrong enemy might turn up, or
they might turn up in bigger numbers that you thought they would. I think the
Orlanthi just see it as part of the way the world works. "That's the way we do
things round here."

I think the quester is probably changed by the quest more than their neighbours
are. If the Conciliator quest makes people like you more, maybe it just made
you more likeable.

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/
Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let
alone those of any organisations, nations, species,
or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.