Stygians and henotheists

From: Peter Metcalfe (metcalph@bigfoot.com)
Date: Wed 29 Mar 2000 - 12:30:53 EEST

David Dunham:

>I believe that "Stygian heresy" and "henotheism" are synonyms -- they
>mean essentially the same thing. They do have different distinctions
>- -- the Stygian heresy frequently is used to refer to a form of
>henotheism that involves darkness deities -- but I think it's
>possible to use one or the other.

Although I agree, I don't think anybody calls themselves Stygians
and only one creed describes itself as Henotheist to which I get
the impression they've adopted a derogatory word as a badge of
pride.

Also I'd say that very few henotheists in Safelster worship
darkness deities and most of them think darkness deities
are bad. Hence calling them Stygians or referring to the
Dark Empire is a surefire way to get up their nose. Henotheists
is also objectionable to a lesser degree.

- --Peter Metcalfe