"Essential" KoS?

From: MOB (mrmob@ozemail.com.au)
Date: Wed 29 Mar 2000 - 16:31:16 EEST

G'day all,

________________
"Essential" KoS?

Victor sez:

> I'm about to run a game set in Sartar and I was wondering if "King
> of Sartar" is an essential book to have or not. For someone that get
> only $7.00 a week, $20.00 is alot.

Nick recommended Tales #18 (Greydog Special) as a much better starting
source: I second the motion!

Another suggestion for good Sartar material is Enclosure #1. I'd also
start pestering your Granny, Great Aunt or whoever in your family
periodically showers you with presents to buy you the wonderful computer
game "King of Dragon Pass" for your next birthday: playing this will put
you into the Sartarite mindset far more entertainly than KoS, and should
serve as excellent inspiration for roleplaying there. Your Great Aunt
might even get into it too: my wife usually hates computer games and up
until now has positively zero interest in Glorantha, but seems to be hooked
on KoDP!

Cheers,

MOB