Void metaphysics

From: Peter Metcalfe (metcalph@bigfoot.com)
Date: Sun 02 Apr 2000 - 07:23:09 EEST

Julian Lord:

GG>> The purposes of Chaos and of Dragonewts are opposed, not similar
>> IMO. Yes, there are affinities: both devour and both refuse the
>> material balanced world in Time, but, a big BUT, for altogether
>> different reasons.

>YES. Chaos Void and Mystic Void are two different Voids.

The chaotic void would be the mystic void turned inside out
(c.f. Salonar Tamaskil's speculations in Cults of Terror,
sidebar p19).

>the Orlanthi/GL explanation of the void is simply Non-Mystic,
>and incompatible with dragonewtism.

I wouldn't say this. Rather that Orlanthi only know of the
Chaotic void and they are deeply suspicious about adopting
mystical practices from foreigners given they have already
been burned twice as a result of past practices (once by
Nysalor and the other by the EWF).

- --Peter Metcalfe