Re: Solar Balazarings

From: David Dunham (dunham@pensee.com)
Date: Mon 07 Aug 2000 - 04:08:29 EEST

Nick Eden

> I do find myself wondering who the Citadel folk worship. In Griffin
> Mountain it is said that a significant number of people worship
> Yelmalio. Yelmalio's rather been retconned into non-existance these
> days. So who do they worship?

Not true: "Thus it was that Monrogh, who thought he worshipped Elmal,
discovered that he instead worshipped Yelmalio, and so went away and
ended the conflict in the land."
<http://www.glorantha.com/hw/cultlong_elmal_final.html>

Yelmalio in Balazar has been retconned into Tharkantus, or rather
that would be the deity that Balazar brought, it being the Imperial
Age Sun Dome cult.

> I suppose he could have been a worshipper of Yelm, who'd lost out in
> whatever the Dara Happan's had in place of dart wars in those days
> retreating into the wilderness and building something at least
> remotely civilised about himself

Since Balazar wasn't a Dara Happan, I don't think this works.

Hmm, it looks like <http://www.glorantha.com/greg/q-and-a.html>
answers your question pretty clearly (and essentially the same as I
did above). Balazarings worship Yelmalio Tharkantus.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham@pensee.com>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>