Ownership in Prax

From: Tero (Tassu) Pitkänen <tassuguy@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat 23 Aug 2003 - 18:40:09 EEST

Hello.

I have a couple of questions and it would be interested to know what other people think about these things. I think ownership among Praxian nomads should be explained perhaps a bit further. How do they view thievery when someone belonging to the same circle of life (follows the Ways of Waha etc.) takes/steals something, which belongs to gifts of the Earth, Eiritha and to everyone?

Ok. We know they can`t stand strange outsiders living in Sartar, Pavis, Teshnos and elsewhere. Owning land is something totally incomprehensible in Praxian sense. But what about when a Raven worshiper steals something? They exist in every tribe and nation and they`re known to be cunning masters of thievery and so on. Worshipers of the Three Feathered Rivals are respected, and Raven too, if he/she doesn`t cause any harm to her/his own clan. So, where to draw the line? Nomads recognise “stealing”, but when it comes to raiding beasts, that`s not stealing...? IMO they don`t view raiding or taking from other clans as stealing (because that`s a traditional way to survive), but when a Raven worshiper does it, that`s stealing. Mythically, something like that. Am I correct?

Another question that brings to my mind is Iron Man`s Death wielding powers. It`s quite difficult to imagine Iron Man worshipers established in a culture that has long traditions in respecting life and Fertility. Iron Man is somewhat an exception in Praxian pantheon (as it`s in Heortling society), but any better clarified thoughts?

Tero Pitkänen