[hw-rules] talk softly and carry a big stick

From: Nick Hollingsworth <NickH_at_JBRyltUSRR6yUYVMQy1dCwXfIID--ZCUWfUjvWUzVYrEWI13ILs-il5DUxHC6bJhi7HtHLFXo>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 16:36:17 -0000

Assume I am nifty-sword-stuff 10w2, talk-reason 10. In a potential combat situation
my basic intent is "try to defuse the situation first, but if it comes to a fight kill
them". If I use talk-reason as my opening skill I get 10 AP instead of 50. On round 2,
having failed to stop the fight, I switch to nifty-sword-stuff, but am already 40 AP worse
off.

No doubt you can come up with reasons that might do to explain this as a one-off, but
it does not seem reasonable to me that going for this tactic should backfire if a fight
breaks out.             Received on Wed 15 Mar 2000 - 08:34:51 EET