[hw-rules] Re: Example of play

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_8-cNA2PdjbYuf6pBSUShx4EpDrdT4AoUg0OGaNPddPg2bpJqFL5qr5Nghk_x8bXv3TyG8lIo2>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 21:07:26 +0100

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000 12:08:08 -0800, "Roderick and Ellen Robertson" <rjremr_at_oyDCyOGdxIM-rgO7vIc7mvyuUM_-2aBxKufDb-0_pH-URRR7pVpfgvfK3AxHhXEYgl3IDcUHeNti5ms.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

>>Not all of it, just 7 AP - you still lose 13, right? Also, as the
>>WINNER has the choice of taking a Wound to reduce AP loss by 7 AP,
>>whereas the LOSER always gets the Wound (but doesn't lose the AP), who
>>is the winner & loser in a tie? Who gets the choice, if anyone? I'm
>
>The Winner can decide to inflict a wound for 7 AP, not the loser.:

Snip re-write of Wound rule...
Aha, makes more sense now, clearer than the Synopsis. So, the Winner can't accept a Wound himself and keep the AP?

>>not too sure a Wound is worse than 7AP loss anyway, funny rule...
>
>You can whittle your opponent's ability rating down, a very valid and useful
>tactic, especially if he is close to a mastery-boundary!

If the Winner is Wounding the Loser (ie he has the choice) then yes, I agree. I didn't see it as worse when the Loser ALWAYS got a Wound and less AP loss.

Wulf             Received on Thu 30 Mar 2000 - 12:11:19 EEST