Re: [HeroQuest-rules] One System to Rule Them All (Was: Re: [WorldofGlorantha] Re: How Much Rule fiddl

From: Robin Laws Mail List Only <tjaderoo_at_HpwFvZJBB6GaFw4_wNQTHrgnT318D_wAyD_ryqg5X3SGDq-3CRcQtco9kCh_f4qrZLRPjr>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 19:29:17 -0400

> > In most cases, treat armor part of the characters' combat rating,
> > rather than modeling it separately.
>
> Ah, OK, if you're saying that - as present - the armour provides a
> bonus/augment which is incorporated in the final rating used in the
> contest, then, yes, that sounds fine to me. I thought you were talking
> about a rule change.

Actually, I am suggesting that most groups are better off ignoring the armor rules.
Don't bother incorporating a bonus/augment in most cases; assume that it's already figured into the combat rating. Use additional bonuses/augments only where the drama dictates that differences in armor should really matter.

Take care >>> Robin             Received on Sun 22 Jul 2007 - 16:29:19 EEST