***SUN COUNTY*** UNOFFICIAL ERRATA

From: Michael O'Brien (MOB)
Date: Thu 21 Nov 1991 - 09:56:33 EET

Having just sung SUN COUNTY's praises, I guess I'd better pick out some of its faults. Having read through it carefully, I've come up with an Unofficial errata list. Actually, I was surprised at how few glitches there were. Anyway, I hope that this list clears them up!

UNOFFICIAL ERRATA
*The opinions expressed are those of the author, but not necessarily
those of the Avalon Hill Game Company, publishers of RuneQuest and SUN COUNTY.* SUN COUNTY LEADERS (p.8, 12 - 15)

The ransom figures for these characters should be expressed in Wheels, not Lunars. For example, Count Solanthos's ransom is 1500W (30,000L), not 1500L.

SUN DOME MILITIA UNITS CHART (p.43)

A = Acolyte.

TWO-HANDED SPEAR-AND-SHIELD TECHNIQUE (p.43 - 44)

The armour point value of shield used in conjunction with the 2-handed- spear-and-shield technique is *not* halved. Thus, a hoplite shield affords 18 points of armour protection to the left arm, chest and abdomen of a templar employing this combat style, rather than 9 points as indicated.*

*Why MOB Thinks So:

RQ3 has a rule where slung shields only give half their AP in protection to the hit locations underneath (see Delux RQ Players Book p.68). If the rule applies in this instance, there would be little point using this technique. Why would a Templar use the two-hand spear-and-shield technique, if it only gives him one measly extra AP in a few locations and he has to sacrifice all parries? In RQ 2, the user of this technique got the AP value in protection from his shield when using this technique, and so too I think this interpretation should apply here. Otherwise, nobody (let alone the canny Templars) would risk using such a limiting technique. Note that this is my own interpretation of the rules, and is not necessarily congruent with the official RQ3 rules. It is up to individual referees to decide whether they go with my interpretation or an interpretation of their own.

JAXARTE VISITS HARPOON (p.56)

The final sentence of the boxed section reads: "His recollections are quoted here (with the notes of his biographer, the Grey Sage Floriat Fedora, in italics.)"

PREGENERATED CHARACTERS (p.62 - 65)

All divine magic known by these characters is one-use except for Delishi Koris (p.63), who knows a reusable Catseye spell gained as a Yelmalio gift.

THE WRESTLING (p.73 - 74)

All spirit magic except Befuddle, Demoralize and Disrupt is permitted in this event, but can only be cast after the bout begins. It is considered unsporting to win this event using an overt magical advantage, and some opponents may agree among themselves not to use magic before their bout.

SUN COUNTY RUINS: THE SCHOLAR (p.110)

The final sentence of this section reads: "If she's really impressed with their performance, they may even get a copy of her thesis."

THE VAMPIRE'S CRYPT: VAMPIRE STATS (p.115)

Divine Magic: Replace "River Eyes" (which is actually a spirit magic spell) with another use of "Drown".