Re: RuneQuest Daily, Wed, 19 May 1993, part 1

From: Jeff Okamoto (okamoto@hpcc90.corp.hp.com)
Date: Wed 19 May 1993 - 19:08:41 EEST

> From: paul@phyast.pitt.edu
> Subject: Re: RuneQuest Daily, Tue, 18 May 1993, part 2
>
> OPPOSED RUNES: Earth and Water are definitely opposed in Glorantha.
> Remember the great invasion of the land by the Rivers? I think that
> the alliances and enmities among elements are more complicated that
> just one opposite per element.

The elemental runes are not opposed, but rather in a rock-scissors-paper kind of relationship. I don't remember completely, but off the top of my head (and this is probably wrong), Air "defeats" Water "defeats" Earth "defeats" Fire "defeats" Darkness "defeats" Air. The Moon sits in the center of the pentagram/pentagon.

Only the Power Runes are opposed (Fertility-Death, Harmony-Disorder, etc).

Jeff