MALKIONI

From: guy.hoyle@chrysalis.org
Date: Fri 15 Apr 1994 - 21:45:30 EEST

An intriguing mystery about the magic of the Malkioni faiths is that sorcer does NOT derive from the Invisible God directly, but from so-called "humanist" sources. Sorcery is a skill which can be trained up without knowing much at all about the Malkioni religion. One does not have to belong to the "one true faith" (whichever that one is), and indeed, there ae renegade malkioni sorcerors who are not wizards, i.e. the priesthood of the Invisible God. This has always struck me as a bit peculiar; I'd have expected something a little more like the Saintly cults in such a medieval setting, but not a skill-based magical tradition.

GUY HOYLE
aka Valgrim Bull-Answers-Twice (go on, ask me!)

                [The rules of the game]

Send submissions and followup to "RuneQuest@Glorantha.Holland.Sun.COM", they will automatically be included in a next issue.

Please include a Subject: line. Articles without it will be ignored, returned, or delayed.

Selected articles may also appear in a regular Digest. If you want to submit articles to the Digest only, contact the editor at RuneQuest-Digest-Editor@Glorantha.Holland.Sun.COM.

Send enquiries and Subscription Requests to the editor:

RuneQuest-Request@Glorantha.Holland.Sun.COM (Henk Langeveld)

	sub list address@your.domain Your Full Name
      unsub list address@your.domain