Re: Re: Re: Re: Yet Another Sorcery System

From: Wayne Shaw (shadow@qedbbs.com)
Date: Tue 16 Nov 1993 - 10:26:27 EET

David Cake <davidc@cs.uwa.edu.au> writes:

> Hear Hear!! I thought that Vikings and Land of Ninja were fine products with
> some potential, and I mourn the fact that no RQ Earth products will be produc
> But the problem with Griffon Island, Eldorad, etc. was that they displayed
> little imagination, and low standards.

I agree with most of this, except for Griffin Island. This was a
perfectly decent product, and the one truly generic one done of the game.
 Of course, it started it's life as a Gloranthan product in the pre-RQ3

days, which may have had something to do with this.

> If there had been one Gateway product of the standard of Dorastor or
> Sun County, I would have bought it, even just to steal the plot and try and
> work it into Glorantha.

As I said, Griffin Island was a quite respectable product. But the
other, non-sourcebook products were not worth the paper they were printed
on.

shadow@qedbbs.com (Wayne Shaw) or qed!shadow
The QED BBS -- (310)420-9327

0,,